Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Strange Boy (via @mizz_norah)

It all started one evening while I was heading home with my twin friends Isioma and Ifeoma. We had decided to stroll a little and discuss our "female issues" before going our seperate ways when we came across this poor,homeless,dirty-looking boy. He didn't look older than ten. He had ragged clothes on. His hair was rough and unkept. He looked like someone that hadn't had a bath in like 4 months. One thing that pushed me to sympathy was a deep wound/cut on his forehead. It appeared as if someone had hit him with a matchete/cutlass. It had affected him badly. His health had deteriorated/looked deteriorated. He seemed like he was going to collapse that very minute. I felt really sorry for him. I began wondering what would have caused him to be in that kinda condition; maybe he got missing and couldn't find his way home? Or maybe his wicked-stepmother...^_^ /aunt gave him that cut and sent him packing for being her idea of a bad boy? Or maybe his grandmother
in the village had decided to kill the poor boy because she was having issues with his father,her son-in-law? Several negative thoughts just kept running through my mind.I finally came outta my trance when I noticed that my friends had been calling me simultaneously. I told them to check-out the boy. They did so and told me they felt sorry for him.I went ahead to making them see to my point of view. I asked after their opinions on what must have happened to him, and they simply went plain telling me that he might have lost his way or something must have happened to him spiritually. Still not satisfied with their opinions, I began to curse and blame those rich men and politicians who would always drive past occasionally and see the dying boy and still refuse to offer help.It was then my friends raised their voices objecting to my curses and blames. She told me to put myself in their shoes and asked me if i would've helped him. Ignorantly, I said yes. She disagreed with me and told me that no normal person would just walk up to a retarded-looking boy to offer help. What if he was having some kind of spiritual problem and when he touches u, you'll go insane too? What if all this was a camouflage, that he is a wizard in his true form/nature? they kept bombarding me with questions, making me know that it was what was considered before helping a person in that state/condition. Unfortunately, I was strong-willed to agree with her and stood my grounds on helping the poor boy if I had the chance/opportunity. They noticed that I was trying to induce them to supporting my idea of helping  the boy and decided/went ahead to change our topic of discussion.................
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed mobile broadband on our easyblaze and plans for BlackBerry. Visit www.etisalat.com.ng for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment