Saturday 19 January 2013

THE ADVENTURES OF LARA : LISTEN (via @wickedstepmami )

I was so scared; I woke up that day with a bad feeling. I couldn't place a finger on it, I went to school and returned around 12pm but I still couldn't explain the feeling. Recently, robbery incidents have been rampant in these parts; people were scared to walk at night and even during the day. The robberies were so common that people now joked about being robbed. To me it wasn't funny at all.
At about 7pm, I went upstairs to the roof to receive some fresh air, I was still moody and confused. Mark saw me and asked if I was ok, I couldn't explain how I felt so I said I was fine and went downstairs. I made it clear to my brother that I wasn't comfortable sleeping in the hostel that night, he kept saying I was being unnecessarily scared. I made him call someone to lock the door from the front to make it seem as if we were not around, I kept hoping the feeling I had would not come to pass.
I started feeling sleepy so I lay down on the bed, and that was when we heard it, a loud bang on the hostel gate. I knew it within me that my greatest fear was taking place, robbers had overtaken our hostel. I had fever and I was cold at the same time, I could hear my brother's heartbeat. The only thing I could think about was what would have happened if I was in my own room alone. The robbers kept pointing their torch at our door, they were certain that we didn't go out that day. They comfortably robbed a two storey hostel for a period of one hour until they ran out after they heard a siren.
The guy who locked us in came and opened the door for us, and then the questions began, we were the only ones with phones in the hostel. People even thought we knew of the robbery or planned it with them. We found out that my room was the room the robbers entered from; they broke my bathroom protector and entered my room. I was overcome by tears, I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I was in that room.
The next day, I went out of the house to look for a new hostel, I walked for miles until I entered a street occupied by mostly family homes and not student hostels. I found it, a hostel named LARA, it was a 2 storey building with about 67 rooms, and I fell in love with it immediately and booked a room upstairs.
Here is where the adventures began for me, join me as I unveil the following series of the adventures of Lara. I promise you will enjoy it. Don't forget to share.



Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment